How to Clean Mohawk Carpets
It is easy to clean Mohawk carpets when you know what to do. It all starts with choosing the right vacuum, cleaning products, and a little reading. Check out few tips for removing common stains the right way.
- Always treat the stain immediately. The longer the spill sits the more the carpet absorbs the spill. Making it harder to remove.
- For food spills, remove the solid food with a spoon or butter knife. Add water and blot, you may use detergent sparing if needed. Then, use the highest suction function on the vacuum back and forth, adding water to stain until the suction removes the stain.
- You can use a spot removal solvent as long as its approved by The Carpet and Rug Institute of America. Apply several drops to a white cloth and blot the stain area of carpet. In case of the carpet changing color, consult a professional carpet cleaner.
- If stain remains after cleaning, moisten the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide and let be for 1 hour. Blot and repeat until completely clean.
Tips to Clean Mohawk Soft Carpet
Here a few tips for taking care of soft carpet.
- Adjustable Height: Use the highest setting on your equipment where possible.
- Efficient Airflow: Use a vacuum with lots of airflow. Avoid vacuums with very concentrated or sealed suction from ruining your carpet.
- Large Wheels: A vacuum with large wheels is more mobile across soft carpet.
For specific care and maintenance requirements, refer to your warranty information.